sobota, 14 kwietnia 2012

Kimbra And Gotye 'Excited' For 'SNL' Appearance

'Somebody That I Used To Know' singer Kimbra jokes that she probably won't appear in any sketches on late-night comedy show.
By Jocelyn Vena


Kimbra
Photo: MTV News

Looking for some moody music to set the tone this Saturday night? Well, Kimbra and Gotye have your back. The chart-topping duo are set to perform their heartbreaking track "Somebody That I Used to Know" this week on "Saturday Night Live" as the show's musical guests.

When Kimbra stopped by the MTV Newsroom on Friday (April 13), just one day before her late-night performance, she opened up about the opportunity to hit the stage in the famed studio. " 'Saturday Night Live' is going to be great. I'm really excited," she said. "We've had a few rehearsals. It's really cool to just get a feel of the whole vibe. I've heard such great stuff about the experience. It's gonna be awesome."

While many musical artists have joined in the fun of appearing in comedy sketches on the show, Kimbra admits she won't be cracking any jokes this weekend. "Not that I know of! I hope not. That would be fun, but I'm not very funny!" the native New Zealander shared, noting that she's mostly only watched clips online. "I haven't seen all that much of the show. I've seen little bits here and there. I know Tina Fey used to be on it. It looks so much fun. It's gonna be great.

"I think 'SNL' is so well-known for its musical performances, as well, and people really breaking into America through a really great performance on there," she added. "So I think me and Gotye are both really excited to be amongst such company. You know, it's great."

This gig is yet another milestone for Kimbra and Gotye as they continue to find small-screen and chart success with "Somebody That I Used to Know." It was covered on "Glee" and has been featured on "The Voice" and "American Idol."

This week's "SNL" will be hosted by "Men in Black III" star Josh Brolin.

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1683125/kimbra-gotye-snl-appearance.jhtml

Denise Richards Desiree Dymond Diane Kruger Dido Diora Baird

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz