środa, 22 czerwca 2011

Tracy Morgan Makes Amends with Gay Community After Homophobic Rant

Tracy Morgan Makes Amends with Gay Community After Homophobic Rant

Tracy Morgan returned to Nashville on Tuesday to, once again, apologize for the anti-gay remarks he used as part of his comedy routine earlier this month. The 30 Rock star met with GLAAD representatives and Kevin Rogers, the man who initially reported Morgan's offensive rant on Facebook.

At a press conference, Morgan, 42, issued a heartfelt apology for saying, amongst other things, that he would kill his son if he told him he were gay and that being gay is a choice.

"I didn't mean it. I don’t have a hateful bone in my body," Morgan said. "I don’t believe that anyone should be bullied or just made to feel bad about who they are. I totally feel that, in my heart, I really don’t care who you love, same-sex or not, as long as you have the ability to love. So now, at this point in my life, it's an opportunity to make a difference, I don't really see gay or straight, I just see human beings now. I pride myself on 20 years, 18 years of stand-up, of using it to heal people and not hurt. That was my whole thing. And I hurt people with this. So, from the bottom of my heart, I apologize to everyone who I offended with my words on stage, in Nashville and everywhere else."

Kevin Rogers, a gay man who attended Morgan's controversial show, first brought attention to the issue by posting a note on Facebook titled "WHY I NO LONGER 'LIKE' TRACY MORGAN." He sat next to Morgan throughout the press conference and accepted the comedian's apology.

"In the weeks since then and seeing what actions that Tracy has taken on himself to go out in our community and try to make a difference, and I had the opportunity to meet and speak with Tracy prior to coming to here, and he shared his genuine concern with his words and has promised me that his actions going forward are going to be positive and supportive of my community," he said.

Morgan first apologized for the rant a few days after his Nashville show, but he continued to receive tons of backlash from fans and costars including Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin.


Watch the press conference here:

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/tracy-morgan-makes-amends-gay-community-after-homophobic-rant/1-a-359681

Estella Warren Esther Cańadas Eva Green Eva Longoria Eva Mendes

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz