niedziela, 6 listopada 2011

Justin Bieber Addresses Paternity Suit On 'Today'

'I know I'm going to be a target, but I'm never going to be a victim,' Bieber says.
By Jocelyn Vena


Justin Bieber on the "Today" show on Friday
Photo: NBC

As more details surface about the paternity suit filed by 20-year-old Mariah Yeater against Justin Bieber, the pop singer is addressing the allegations head on.

Earlier this week, Bieber released a statement saying, "it's sad that someone would fabricate malicious, defamatory and demonstrably false claims," and tweeted, "so I'm going to ignore the rumors ... and focus on what is real. An opportunity to help by doing what i love. Judge me on the music! Love y'all!"

When he stopped by the "Today" show on Friday morning (November 4) to promote his latest album, Under The Mistletoe, Bieber also spoke candidly about Yeater's claims. "I'd just like to say basically that none of those allegations are true," he told Matt Lauer. "I know I'm going to be a target, but I'm never going to be a victim."

See How Top Beliebers Are Supporting Justin

Yeater claims she had unprotected sex with Bieber a year ago in a backstage area at one of the singer's concerts and that her 3-month-old baby is his. According to an upcoming issue of Star magazine, "in a hand-signed affidavit, sworn under the penalty of perjury, Yeater told a California court that Bieber propositioned her on October 25 of last year, when she was 19. The pair had a sexual tryst after his concert and backstage at L.A.'s Staples Center, it's alleged in court papers."

Bieber explained on "Today" that the logistics of her claim don't fit with his hectic schedule. "I think it's crazy because every night after the show, I've gone right from the stage right to my car," he explained. "So it's crazy that some people want to make up some false allegations, but to set the record straight, none of it is true. Never met the woman."

While the case is ongoing, Bieber is focusing on the positive, which includes his charity work. "Like I said before, there's going to be good and going to be bad about this business and I want to focus on what's real, like my fans are real, the charity work that I'm doing with this album is real and this is real," he said speaking about all the fans that showed up at Rockefeller Plaza to catch a glimpse of the teen star. "I do it for these guys and I'm really happy to be here in New York and it's been fun."

Should Bieber Fight Back? Rant and Rave on Facebook

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1673747/justin-bieber-paternity-suit.jhtml

Teri Polo Tessie Santiago Thalía Thandie Newton The Avatars of Second Life

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz