wtorek, 15 lutego 2011

Justin Bieber Says He's Not Just Some Industry 'Packaged Thing'

'I've been playing music ever since I was born and it's always been in me,' teen superstar tells MTV News.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Sway Calloway


Justin Bieber
Photo: Brian Phares/MTV News

Justin Bieber will have his loyal fans and even his harshest critics saying "Never Say Never" when his 3-D flick opens on Friday. The movie offers an inside look at Bieber's rise to stardom and the hard work and determination the teen star put in before hitting it big.

For those who may not realize that Bieber is more than just a record label puppet created to pander to throngs of teenage girls, the film also shows that the 16-year-old is a skilled musician.

"People didn't really know," he explained to MTV News. "They didn't understand that I've been playing music ever since I was born and it's always been in me. And this movie is really going to show that I'm not just some packaged thing that some A&R put together. It was actually just me living my dream and just making music."

He later joked that he also wasn't molded in manager Scooter Braun's basement. "Yeah, [he] just cut my hair like this [and made me what I am]!"

At the New York screening for the film last week, Bieber spoke to us about what he hopes his fans will take away from the film. It is part concert film, part documentary, complete with interviews from some of the people closest to the teen phenom. It also features cameos by Miley Cyrus, Usher and Ludacris, to name a few, during concert performances filmed at Madison Square Garden last September, and interviews. In the film, Bieber is seen skillfully playing piano, drums and guitar.

"Fans will be really excited to see that I'm just a regular 16-year-old having fun, just living my dream," he said. "And it's possible for anyone to live theirs."

Hot on the heels of his movie's premiere, Bieber will be performing at Sunday's Grammy Awards, where he promises "some surprises." He's been nominated for Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album.

Don't miss "Snooki & Sway: Live From the Grammys," a red-carpet live stream kicking off Sunday at 6 p.m. ET on MTV.com. And stick with us all Grammy night for coverage of the red carpet, the show, the afterparties and beyond!

Related Videos Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1657663/justin-bieber-industry-packaged-thing.jhtml

Kirsten Dunst Krista Allen Kristanna Loken Kristen Bell

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz