środa, 28 września 2011

Where Will Bruno Mars' 'Rain' Fall In 'Breaking Dawn'?

MTV News takes a closer listen to 'It Will Rain' for lyrical clues about its placement in the film.
By Jocelyn Vena and Amy Wilkinson


Bruno Mars
Photo: Jemal Countess/Getty Images

On Tuesday (September 27), Bruno Mars dropped the sweeping, heartbreaking "It Will Rain," the lead single from the "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" soundtrack, which drops November 8.

The Smeezingtons-produced song is all about the pain someone feels when they are deeply in love. On it, Mars croons tortured lines like "There's no religion that could save me/ No matter how long my knees are on the floor/ So keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm making/ To keep you by my side/ And keep you from walking out the door."

While Twilighters will have to wait until November 18 to find out where the song will be featured in the flick, there are several lyrical cues that offer hints. Hit play on the embedded video as we talk through the song, then read on for a deeper exploration.

The Wedding
Of course it won't appear in the actual wedding scene, like when Bella walks down the aisle, but lines like "I'll never be your mother's favorite/ Your daddy can't even look me in the eye/ If I was in their shoes I'd be doing the same/ Say, 'There goes my little girl/ Walking with that troublesome guy' " certainly mirror Charlie's feelings about the nuptials.

Jacob's Goodbye
When Mars sings, "Don't you say goodbye/ Don't you say goodbye/ I'll pick up these broken pieces till I'm bleeding/ If that'll make it right," it seems to mimic the heartbreak Jacob feels as he sees Bella marry another man and says goodbye to her once more.

The Honeymoon
Sure, the song is about heartbreak and pain, but the sexy, sultry nature of the track could make for the right kind of mood-setter as Bella and Edward finally get it on.

The Pregnancy
As Mars cries, " 'Cause there'll be no sunlight/If I lose you, baby/ There'll be no clear skies/ If I lose you, baby/ And just like the clouds, my eyes will do the same/ If you walk away, every day it'll rain," it mirrors Edward's angst as he thinks he might lose Bella if she has their child, a vampire/human hybrid.

Where do you think Bruno's song would fit? Share your ideas in the comments!

Check out everything we've got on "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.

Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1671641/breaking-dawn-bruno-mars-make-it-rain.jhtml

Sarah Michelle Gellar Sarah Mutch Sarah Polley Sarah Shahi Sarah Silverman

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz