sobota, 11 lutego 2012

Romeo Santos, Former Aventura Frontman, Ventures Solo

Bachata star tells MTV News his first solo tour will present 'nearly every single song on my new album, Formula, Vol. 1.'
By Christina Garibaldi


Romeo Santos
Photo: Kevin Winter/ Getty Images

For over 15 years, Romeo Santos was the lead singer of the popular bachata group, Aventura. They performed across the globe, won 21 Billboard Latin Music Awards and released six studio albums — but now, Santos is stepping out on his own.

The Bronx, New York, singer is returning to his hometown to play three sold-out shows at New York's famous Madison Square Garden, a venue he sold out numerous times with his former band.

"I love performing in New York," Santos recently told MTV News. "Just something about the energy that the crowd gives you, you give it back, a lot of interaction. I'm looking forward to it."

Yet, this time, it will be a different experience for Santos, since he will be performing on his own. This past November, Santos released his debut solo album, Formula, Vol. 1, which mixes his famous bachata style with R&B. On Friday (February 10), Santos will kick off his tour at MSG, performing for the first time in over a year. So, what can this sold-out crowd expect?

"A lot of energy," Santos said. "I don't like to plans things a lot. It's gonna be a show with a little bit of everything. You're gonna hear some of my Aventura classics, nearly every single song on my new album, Formula, Vol. 1, and what I do is I go onstage and I just ride it out. I don't like planning what am I gonna say to the crowd. Sometimes the show takes a whole different twist."

Santos, who said he's more anxious than nervous to take the stage without his Aventura bandmates, will be on the road until the end of March, and is humbled by the positive response he's received from his fans.

"I'm really, really grateful. I don't take anything for granted," Santos said. "I've been working very, very hard. I was very focused on this last production. I wanted it to represent a lot and not abandon my genre, my roots. "

Santos, who teamed up with Usher and Lil Wayne on his debut album, is not ruling out the possibility that these two might join him onstage during his tour.

"It's possible," he said. "What I normally do is keep it a surprise, but it's a possibility."

Are you excited to see Romeo Santos in concert? Tell us in the comments.

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1678993/romeo-santos-solo-tour.jhtml

Emmanuelle Chriqui Emmanuelle Vaugier Emmy Rossum Erica Leerhsen Erika Christensen

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz