sobota, 7 stycznia 2012

Selena Gomez: What's Next After 'Wizards Of Waverly Place'?

'We're going to take a break from music,' Gomez, who is working on several movies, announces.
By Jocelyn Vena


Selena Gomez on "Wizards of Waverly Place"
Photo: Disney

Selena Gomez will wave her magic wand one final time on January 6 when the series finale of "Wizards of Waverly Place" airs. And as she looks forward to what's next in 2012, she says one thing she won't be doing is releasing new music.

"We're going to take a break from music," Gomez told E! News. "My band and I are going to chill on that for a second. I'll be doing two films in the beginning of [2012], which I'm excited about. They are both different and things I've never played before and will be fun for me."

As she closes the door on "Wizards" for good, and on her music for now, the teen superstar says that saying goodbye to her Disney show is bittersweet. "[My fans are] definitely not [ready for it to end], according to my Twitter feed and everything else," she said. "Of course, we could stay on, but we want to move on and stuff. But the show will live on forever and we're all grateful for that. I spent more time with them than my own family. It was amazing."

But fans of the star should prepare for what's next. Gomez will shoot the darker "Spring Breakers" in early 2012 and has been rumored to be attached to a film called "Hot Mess."

For "Spring Breakers," Gomez will work with director Harmony Korine (the man behind the super-dark '90s classic "Kids"). The movie revolves around a group of college girls who rob a restaurant to pay for their spring break. After they land in jail, they become entangled with the drug and arms dealer who bailed them out. James Franco, Vanessa Hudgens and Emma Roberts are also attached to the project.

"It's a different character than I have ever played before," Gomez told MTV News about the project. "It's a different kind of vibe, I think, than people are used to seeing me in. What you're going to see is more raw, I think. It's going to be raw and more about acting."

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1676848/selena-gomez-plans-wizards-of-waverly-place.jhtml

Anna Faris Anna Friel Anna Kournikova Anna Paquin AnnaLynne McCord

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz