sobota, 14 stycznia 2012

Madonna Sort of Calls Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" a Rip-Off


Are tensions rising between Madonna and Lady Gaga?

In an interview with Newsweek (via the Daily Beast), Madonna commented that Lady Gaga's 2011 single "Born This Way" was a "redo" of her "Express Yourself."

"I thought, this is a wonderful way to redo my song [1989's "Express Yourself"]," she says. "I mean, I recognized the chord changes. I thought it was... interesting."

High praise ... not. Here's a side-by-side comparison:

Madonna herself is hardly the only one who's noticed the similarity. NME asked Gaga last year if the song was knockoff of Madonna's hit. She wasn't happy.

"I'm a songwriter. I've written loads of music," the 25-year-old fumed. "Why would I try to put out a song and think I'm getting one over on everybody?"

"What a completely ridiculous thing to even question me about. If you put the songs next to each other, side by side, the only similarities are the chord progression."

"Just because I'm the first f***ing artist in 25 years to think of putting it on Top 40 radio, it doesn't mean I'm a plagiarist, it means that I'm f***ing smart. Sorry."

Strikes a nerve, clearly. That said, both Gaga and Madonna have claimed to be fans of each other's work in the past, and there's no real sign of bad blood.

Did Gaga rip off Madonna?

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/01/madonna-sort-of-calls-lady-gaga-born-this-way-a-rip-off/

Anna Faris Anna Friel Anna Kournikova Anna Paquin AnnaLynne McCord

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz